Once you're finished setting up your firm's basic information, it's now time for you to bring your team into the game! This article will tackle the following topics:
Available user roles
Assigning user roles
Edit user privileges
The Firm Settings feature also enables you to provide user role privileges to your staff, allowing you to collaborate with them at ease.
What User Roles are Available?
The owner has access and basically can control everything that is inside the firm settings.
Firm Information - can see firm information, no capability to edit
- Can add, edit and remove another admin or staff (except the owner)
- Can assign organizations and user roles per org to another admin or staff (except owner since the owner has access to all organizations)
- Can add new organizations from inside the firm although the ownership still belongs to the organization's owner
- Can see the billing contact but no capability to add a new contact
- Can see Unbilled Charges but has no capability to pay outstanding balance if there is any
- Cannot see existing card details on the firm's account
- Can see available/remaining credits but no capability to buy credits
- Can see past/previous statements sent to the firm via the history tab
IP Address - Can add/edit IP address restrictions
Unlike Owner (Subscriber), team members with a Staff user role won't be able to add and delete organizations. They should wait for the Owner or Admin to give them access to an organization before they could work on it.
Managing User Roles
Start managing user roles for your team by going to the Staff Management menu, then proceed by doing the following operations:
Add User Role to Staff
Edit and Remove User Privileges
Providing User Role Privileges to Members
Be able to assign user roles to your team members by doing the following steps:
STEP 1: Click your Account Name then select Firm Settings.
STEP 2: Start adding people by going to Staff Management then click the Add Staff button.
STEP 3: Enter your staff's basic information such as First Name, Last Name, and Contact email.
STEP 4: You also need to specify which user role you're giving your personnel, whether it's for Owner (Subscriber) or Staff purposes.
STEP 5: Click the Invite button to send an invitation to your staff via email
STEP 6: Once your staff received the email, all he/she needs to do is to click the Get Started button to continue.
STEP 7: The staff will be redirected to the JuanTax portal where he/she needs to click the Accept Invitation.
STEP 8: Click Yes, I know this invitation, to start the collaboration.
Edit User Privileges
STEP 1: Click on the name of your team member.
Note: In this example, the user that we chose to use is Juan Dela Cruz.
STEP 2: Click the Edit button.
STEP 3: Change the details that you need and once you're all good, click the Update button.
STEP 1: Simply click on the Remove Staff link.
STEP 2: Confirm the deletion by clicking the Remove button.